- Toll free: 0800 201010
- Head Office: Plot 32 Nakasero Rd, Klag
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
- Supports the procurement and disposal functions in the company
- Provide guidance on the procurement process in liaison with the contracts committee
Key Result areas;
- Guide the contracts committee on procurement process.
- Secretary and custodian of contracts committee records.
- Implement the decisions of the contracts committee.
- Plan and budget for all procurement and disposal activities of the company.
Key Accountabilities /Key tasks:
- Receive and execute procurement requests approved by the HoDs and contracts committee.
- Implement decisions of the committee.
- Support the departmental planning and budgeting for all procurement and disposal activities of the company.
- Support to prepare procurement and disposal statements of requirements, prepare bids documents and adverts for bid opportunities.
- Prepare contract documents and issue approved contract documents.
- Support the management of procurement and disposal records and Archives.
- Support in the preparation of monthly procurement reports for relevant authorities and to prepare any other reports as may be required from time to time.
- Support in the evaluation of bids for all procurements.
- Support in the sensitization of staff on the procurement and disposal procedures to all user departments
- Support in the monitoring and reporting on the performance of the contracts already awarded
Qualifications and experience:
- Honors degree in any of the following fields; Procurement and Supply Management, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Development Finance and
Banking or any other related discipline from a recognized University / Institution.
- Two (02) years of progressive working experience in procurement logistics supplies in a public sector or reputable organization.
- Possession of relevant computer skills is a must.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent managerial skills.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, clear decision-making ability, highest standards of integrity.
- Ability to demonstrable objectivity and impartiality with concern for accountability and achieving results.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with different stakeholders.
- Ability to identify problems, obstacles and opportunities and initiate action or make recommendations.
- Ability to further the development of others.
This job entails one to spend long hours seated in an office environment.
Attached is the pdf of the position
Procurement Officer advert
Candidates with the requisite qualifications should send their applications with detailed
Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in
properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the
top right corner to be received not later than 15th May, 2022 at 05:00pm.
The MSC Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is open to transparent
recruitment processes. Any form of lobbying /canvassing for support will lead to
disqualification of the concerned candidate.