Key Result areas;
- Communication guidelines, processes, procedures and strategies developed;
- An annual report compiled & shared with shareholders;
- No. of public relations issues addressed;
- Information about MSC products &services is packed and shared with the public;
- Communication Strategy developed;
Key Accountabilities /Key tasks:
- Make proposals for the development of the Communication strategy and lead its implementation after its approval by the Board;
- Act as MSC spokesperson in full consultation with the Executive Director;
- Develop and manage media partnerships, particularly radios, print media, and TVs, to promote the image of the Company.
- Manage community relations and corporate social responsibility focusing on public and community initiatives.
- Plan, budget & Report for communication functions.
- Compile the Company’s Annual Report and documentaries on performance and critical success stories and share them with stakeholders.
- Manage brand touch points and ensure feasibility and consistency.
- Monitor and ensure production and distribution of the Company’s communication assets and materials.
- Manage the resource centre processes and activities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by superiors.
Qualifications and experience:
- Honours degree from a recognized University / Institution in the following fields; Mass Communication, Public Relations, Social Studies or any other related discipline.
- Master’s degree from a recognized University / Institution in public relations, mass communications or any other related field.
- Possession of relevant professional qualifications is an added advantage.
- Eight (08) years of progressive working experience in a public relations, marketing or related field, with at least 4 of the years attained in middle-level Management.
- Possession of relevant computer skills.
- Ability to manage others
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence at all levels of partnerships.
- Ability to demonstrate assertive behaviour, a creative, innovative& self-motivated person
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen with the flexibility and creativity to achieve results, a person of Innovation and flexibility in marketing and PR
- Ability to generate new ideas and solutions and develop creative approaches
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and to be part of a team
This job entails one to spend long hours seated in an office environment.